Kiewa Catchment Landcare Groups Inc Committee
CODE OF CONDUCT 2023-2024
Members of the Committee/Committees of Kiewa Catchment Landcare Groups (KCLG) abide by the code of conduct hereunder and sign a declaration to this effect.
- Demonstrating Respect
- Members will be fair, objective and courteous in their dealings with other Committee members, KCLG staff and other members of the public.
- Members will demonstrate respect for Committee members, KCLG staff and others ensuring freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- Members will value and respect the diversity of opinions of members and respect their right to voice those opinions in a safe and supportive environment.
- Once decisions of the Committee have been made, no Committee member shall publicly disagree with the decisions.
- Members ensure that they have an appropriate level of knowledge of the governance structures, the Strategic directions of KCLG and their role within the overall operation of KCLG.
- Members obtain relevant information on an ongoing basis about the financial circumstances of their area of responsibility.
- Members ensure that their contribution to meetings is constructive and supportive and that they fulfill their role adequately and effectively.
- Committee Meeting agendas and papers will be posted/emailed to Committee members prior to each Committee meeting.
- Committee members will read all papers supplied and bring them to the meeting.
- Members come on time, well prepared and informed, to all meetings of the Committee/Subcommittee to which they have been appointed.
- Where a member is unable to attend a meeting, an apology and reason for non-attendance is given to the Secretary in advance.
- Unless the Committee is satisfied that special circumstances exist, any Committee member who does not attend three consecutive meetings will have their membership terminated in writing prior to the next scheduled meeting.
- Members discuss and consider confidential issues arising at meetings during those meetings only, unless otherwise directed by the meeting.
- Members do not discuss any matter arising in meetings with support staff or any third party, without the prior approval of the Committee/Committees.
- Members do not discuss personal information about Landcare members or support staff unless with the explicit agreement of the member or employee concerned.
Conflict of Interest
- No member of the Committee or any Committee or subcommittee can be appointed to, or retain, any paid office of KCLG (excepting ex officio support staff members).
- No member can directly or indirectly supply goods or services for profit to KCLG, except as bona fide remuneration for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of KCLG (excepting ex officio support staff members).
- Members declare any pecuniary interest and do not participate in any discussions or decisions in which they have such interest or in which it could be perceived they have a conflict of interest.
Communication with support staff
- Official communication with support staff on matters discussed at Committee/Committee meetings is only entered into by the member/s specifically delegated to do so.
Confirmed at the KCLG committee meeting held August 21 2020